Well, I apologise for my lack of posts. Everyone that knows me, knows that I can't keep up with this stuff, but I am trying. Anyhoooo.
This weekend marked a highpoint in my life in that I ran my first "non-kids" event with my big boy. Of course, boys being boys, Nick wanted to do a Mud Run 5K. We had a great time and it was a wonderful experience for the both of us. Nick learned the difference between mud and MUD.
The next morning I had scheduled to run the Capitol City Half Marathon. Unfortunately a few of the injuries from the mud run, mainly a swollen left knee, kept me from the Half and I downgraded to the 5 miler. Turns out the old man can still bring it. Won the old mans division and took 19th overall. Wooohoooo. I think this one has convinced me to start training again
1 comment:
Isn't the mud fun?! I am looking for another marathon, probably around Sept./Oct.ish. It would be fun if we could all do one together! Let me know...of course, you would finish WAY before me!!
Post a Comment