Monday, September 22, 2008

Coming of Age....


Well, I have arrived down here in lower Alabama. I was welcomed by heat that can only be rivaled by the armpit of a Gorilla in the jungle in the middle of summer. However, I really am looking forward to the Test Pilot course and I volunteered, so I cannot really complain.

Upon my arrival a good friend of mine talked me into running in a local road race. I didn't have much to do so I went for the social aspect of it. As it turns out there are not to many old runners in these here parts. I won my age group (not saying what that is) and ended up getting a trophy. The whole experience took me back to a 5K I talked my brother-in-law into a few years back. This time however I was the one winning the age group that ends with a dash. Funny how things work out. Hope this finds everyone well, I hope to be home before to long.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congratulations, Old Man! You still have it in you!